2/6/10

DIY: Beachy Table Numbers

I really wanted to do something cool for our table numbers. The last wedding we attended named her tables all different tables (ie. Pool Table, Periodic Table, Table of Contents, etc). After buying "The DIY Bride" at Barnes & Noble I saw a project for a save the date that I thought could be adapted for table numbers.





Its pretty much a shadowbox frame with information inside and sand and starfish inside
I made mine a little simpler. Especially since I had to make 20 of them for my tables.




Supplies
  • 20 - 5" x 7" Acrylic Box Frames from Michael's - $1.99 each
  • 2 pads of 12" x 12" Scrapbooking Paper 48 sheets in each pad - $19.99 each
    • I only used about 12 sheets total
  • 2 Foam Core Boards
  • Sand
  • Assorted Shells and Starfish
  • Pearls, Beads, Sequins, Glitter
Steps to a Beachy Table Number

1. Cut down the foam core so that it fits the outside of the frame it ended up being 5 1/8" x 7 1/8"



I was able to get 12 foam core backing pieces on each sheet



I used a L ruler and a utility knife to get clean cuts

2. Figure out how to work printer.... I needed a different driver in my case.
3. Pick a font. This took me almost an hour. I love fonts. I used fancypens which I downloaded from www.dafonts.com.
4. Cut 10 - 12 pieces of 12" x 12" scrap booking paper in half.


5. Set up a document in Word for a 5" x 7" paper reset your margins, font size and paper type. Make many test prints on plain paper, then make test prints on good paper.
6. Once you are happy with your prints, use spray adhesive to attach them to the foam core. Trim away any paper that hangs over the edges.


7. Fill the Acrylic box frame with decorations - sand, sequins, beads, shells etc.

 

8. Using hot glue go all around the edge of the frame and glue number on. Go around the edges once more to be sure nothing will leak out.


9. Pat your self on the back and repeat 19 more times.




I am considering adding a pre-cut mat frame around the box frame and I will be displaying them on plate stands that my mom found in the dollar store.

No comments:

Post a Comment